I have been using the iPhone 4S for a few hours and my first impression is this phone is a significant step up from the iPhone4.
- The iPhone4S is noticeably faster than the iPhone 4. Every interaction with the phone feels quicker, from web browsing to moving around in apps.
- The Siri voice recognition system is not only amazing technology, it is a very practical tool for daily use. Using Siri to send text messages is actually easier than I thought it would be.
- The Siri system has personality it is very funny and sarcastic! I find myself asking it “off the wall” questions just to see how it responds.
- The new reminders app is a great productivity tool when it is combined with Siri and GPS.
- The camera takes better pictures indoors, but I haven’t had a chance to give it a real test outdoors.
- Apple should have added an external button that users can to push to engage Siri.
- Siri does not know how to send a “tweet”
- To use Siri you need to have a data connection to the Internet.
- It seems like the battery life is not as good as the IPhone 4. I think we will see a software update addressing battery performance in a few weeks after launch like Apple has done in the past with the iPhone 3 and iPhone 4. My battery performance issuesÂ could be because my iPhone was backing up my settings to iCloud while I was using it.
- While the phone does look almost exactly the same, my iPhone4 clear case from Belkin does not fit on the iPhone4S. It appears that Apple moved the mute button down a few millimeters toÂ accommodateÂ the second antenna at the top of the phone.
This is a really great phone. Apple continues to raise the bar of what a smartphone can do. Siri is a significant upgrade in mobile phone interaction that must have the Android team in a panic.
It makes me wonder what amazing things the iPhone 5 will be able to do, if Apple didn’t think this phone deserved the honor of being the 5?